Saturday, November 15, 2008

geography challenged: part deux

i've decided it will be my life's work to impart a modicum of geographic knowledge onto the kids. the ironic thing is that i myself am not very good at geography. i mean, i know the basics, but when i'm faced with a blank map of the US i certainly have my troubles with all those square states in the middle.

the other day we had geography challenge part 2 in which we went over everything we had already discussed. it went much better and i realize that if i just drill these ideas into the kids heads over and over and over again some of them may acutally retain some of it. so i think if we just do this a few more times the kids might eventually remember where iraq is and start to understand that the states that are in the united states are not foreign countries.

3 comments:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

You've certainly got your work cut out for you, Ms Dewey Decimal, but I have faith in you!

PS: Your job should come with a super hero cape!

Miss Dewey Decimal said...

i prefer a capelet.

*Bitch Cakes* said...

That made me snort. I love capelets but they look ridiculous on me. I think I'm too short to rock one properly. I'm sure you would look fab in your capelet!