Monday, December 10, 2007

caught in the act

while the kids were in the program room (which is separated from the children's room by several glass windows) dilligently doing their homework with my fabulous activities assistant, i decided to sneak onto myspace to check out the comment that ms. b. cakes left me. this is a big no-no as the children are not allowed on myspace and every day i shout at them "no myspace in the children's room" even though i totally heart myspace. so then after about a second they all rush out
"you have a myspace account! you have a myspace account!"
and then i had to rationalize that i, an adult over the age of 14, am allowed to be on myspace. i also wanted them to be quiet because i knew my mean manager would be mad if she knew what i was doing. then, right when i thought the kids were going to call me out on being a total hypocrite they all shout, "will you friend me? will you friend me?" they were seriously rejoicing at the idea of being my virtual friend. these are the same kids who whine and complain at me about everything and say i'm so mean blah blah blah. and then they all push and shove each other to write their email addresses down for me so i could friend them.
and now, they are all illegally on myspace looking at my profile and friending me. but they are being extremely quiet. so i think its okay.

2 comments:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Oh no! I didn't mean to get you in trouble. Darn me and my posting comments during the day and teasing you with that "you have a new comment" email. I'll try to refrain from commenting on your page until after hours. Or is the damage already done???

Anonymous said...

Well said.