Tuesday, November 13, 2007

R.I.P. iBee: a eulogy

most of you have never met my friend iBee, but she recently passed away. i'd like to take a few moments to commemorate her ... that is before i go to the apple store tomorrow and replace her with a macbook.
iBee the iBook, known as iBee to your friends, you were a good iBook. you were my first apple. i loved you like i've loved no other computer. your recent and sudden passing has been very hard on me. but this isn't about me. it's about you.

i wish i had been better to you. sure i decorated you with stickers i got from the last beck album (or should i say stickers that came with the beck album i bought for the library but took for my own knowing that the patrons would only steal them themselves) ... but i could have been better to you. i didn't clean your keys enough and sometimes your white shine was dulled by my laziness. i should've taken you out more. there are so many coffeeshops and cafes that you will never see. iBee, if i knew then what i know now ... i would have been better to you.

iBee, i hope that you have found peace wherever you are. i hope that where you are your airport card finally works and you no longer shut down for absolutely no reason. take care iBee, you will be missed.

1 comment:

fifi said...

My sincerest condolences on the untimely passing of a dear friend. Will there be a memorial service or a viewing? Should we send RAM in lieu of flowers?