Tuesday, May 27, 2008

it's official ... i'm a keeper

today i had my 11 month probationary review. and although for a while i was dreading this, having been told i would most likely be fired, i entered my review with my head held high, thinking that it would go well. and it did!
i was evaluated and it was determined that i am a satisfactory employee. short blurbs were written highlighting my performance and no negative comments were made. and although i would have liked some glowing oh-how-awesome-is-miss-dewey-decimal-let-me-count-the-ways type comments, there were some subtle hints that i am in fact an exemplary employee. so i have been recommended to keep my position permanently, and there was even a comment made saying that the library is "glad to have me." also, in preparation of this meeting, i had drawn up an extensive list of my accomplishments here and i was able to have this list put in my permanent record. whether or not anyone reads said record is yet to be seen.
so really, it is the best of all possible worlds. the new non-mean environment is growing strong, and now i am officially not fired. sweet.

No comments: