Wednesday, May 16, 2007

day two: east of the lower east side

when we found out that we were going to be released from hell's library for three weeks, we were given the option of chosing what branch we wanted to be sent to. so i chose this branch on the lower east side because i heard it was nice and i secretly thought i might want to transfer here if i liked it. people said, "oh no, don't go there. there are no trains." but i said it would be easy for me to get here. it's so close to the bridge. i could ride my bike here. i could be a fitter happier me. of course, when i woke up this morning i did not feel like riding my bike over the williamsburg bridge. so i stood outside my house for 15 mintutes, baking in the sun, waiting for a bus to take me to the J train (the J train? really, i always have problems getting to the J train) and then gave up and just walked. then when i finally got to the J and got to my stop i walked east for what seemed like days. seriously, i did not know there was a neighborhood east of LES but it turns out that there is. my god, so far east. this was a serious lapse in judgement. what was i thinking? ride my bike?
but when i did finally get here, it's a nice quiet little library. way better than hell's library, nicer than the sister city library, not quite as nice as heaven's library, but that one's a bitch to get to as well.

No comments: