Tuesday, April 1, 2008

bidding a fond adieu to women's history month

oh, good bye women's history month display. or shall i say womyn's herstory month? today i made a fabulous poetry month book display, and then for my bulletin board i made a display of unbrellas and flowers topped with the phrase, "april showers bring may flowers." while i was creating this beautific piece of art i was reminded of the very bad joke, "if april showers bring may flowers, what do may flowers bring?" answer: pilgrims. and i was wondering if one of my kids might tell me this cheezy joke. and that is when i remembered that my kids don't know what the Mayflower is (as proved in the post the story of thanksgiving OR why i will never send my children to public school). and that, dear blog readers, made me a bit sad.

No comments: