Tuesday, February 12, 2008

i am so YA it's painful

so i spent this morning preparing for part two of my mother goose workshop. grrrrrrr. it took me forever to find an appropriate book. in fact, i don't even know if it is an appropriate book. i just gave up looking. and while i was perusing a book about storytimes and fingerplays and sing songy nonesense, i came across several songs and clapping games about loving each other and hugging and being a happy family. i seriously almost threw up in my mouth. i am so not cut out for small children. i am a young adult librarian! hear me roar! i can work with tweens. i can even have large amounts of success working with grade schoolers. but i cannot handle infants. don't make me do it. please. i promise you it will not turn out well.

1 comment:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

You have my every sympathy. Good luck, hell's librarian!